Are You Renting An AC? - Here's A Checklist!
With the blazing sun, AC is the best solution we can avail. Buying an AC is an investment. It does have its return, but not everyone can afford the cost of buying an AC. This summer, if you are considering to rent an AC, we have the perfect checklist to guide you.Who should consider renting an AC?
Many factors pose as reasons to lease an air-conditioner. If you meet one of the following criteria, then AC rental is the right option for you.
- A tight budget – When you buy an AC, you have to invest a hefty capital up front. When you lease an air-conditioner, you can save up on the initial cost. The amount depends on the rental period and the tonnage of the AC. The amount will be lower than what an AC owner would pay for.
- The rental period – If you need the AC only for the summer, renting is the best solution. Many AC rentals are available for the summer season. If you want the AC at a cheaper rate, rent out the AC a month before the onset of summer. If you are going to rent an AC for a longer duration, ask the owner for a discounted price.
- House on lease – A fully-furnished house may come with an AC, but if you go for an unfurnished or semi-furnished house, you will not have the comfort of an air-conditioner. Renting an AC will also help save up on your monthly rentals. Take permission from your landlord before installing the rented AC.
- Rentals – An AC on rent costs INR 2000-6000 a month. It would depend on the type and the tonnage of the AC.
Disadvantages of AC rentals
Though renting an AC is a good idea, it might not be the best option for all. You should consider the following factors before renting the AC:
- You can end up with a low cooling AC at an exorbitant rent
- Adding up installation cost, maintenance, electricity bill gives you a price higher than the amount for buying an AC
With the blazing sun, AC is the best solution we can avail. Buying an AC is an investment. It does have its return, but not everyone can afford the cost of buying an AC.
This summer if you are considering renting an AC, we have the perfect checklist to guide you. You might have felt discouraged about the idea of renting an AC, but it is a practical approach to get cooling for your home.
Here's a checklist to purchase the right air conditioner for your space
- Rent an AC only from reputed and trusted dealers
- Check the functioning of the AC before getting it installed
- Never rent an AC that is over a year old
- Ask the owner about warranty options
- Discuss maintenance issue
- Try to get an AC with a high rating and power saving options
- Measure the room and get the right size
- Ask your owner to provide you with the best stabiliser
- Rent for a short duration, change the brand if it doesn’t suit you
- Share your concerns on installation cost with the owner
- Choose a room where you do not have to invest in additional sealings to install the AC
AC on rent is an affordable solution to beat the heat and save money. It is an excellent idea for students or people living in a rented apartment