Gear Up! UPSC Prelims 2020 Admit Cards Released
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released admit cards for the most prestigious exam of the country- Civil Services Examinations. Aspirants who applied for the Civil Services Prelims 2020 can download their e-admit cards using their registration id or roll number provided to them at the time of applying.
Considered one of the topmost and toughest exams of the country, the Civil Services Examination has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic and is now scheduled to be held on October 4, 2020. Every year the UPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination in 3 stages in different timeframes such as:
- Preliminary Exam- The first stage of exam involving Objective Type Questions
- Mains Exam & - The second stage in Descriptive Mode
- Personality Test (or) Interview- Final stage for selection of candidates to various All India Services
A candidate has to clear all the 3 stages to get an All India Service. The Civil Services Preliminary Exam consists of 2 papers: General Studies and Civil Services Aptitude Test. Candidates who get qualified in the prelims are eligible for the Mains (7 Papers totally that include 1 Compulsory Language Paper, 4 General Studies, and 2 Optional) and subsequently, Interview for final selection. Both Prelims and Mains exams are held offline and each exam has different patterns and marking schemes which you can find on the official website: https://www.upsc.gov.in/
Details on Admit Card & Exam Instructions
To download the UPSC Prelims 2020 Admit Card, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official UPSC website https://upsconline.nic.in/eadmitcard/admitcard_csp_2020/admit_card.php#hhh1
- Choose your Registration ID/Roll Number
- Enter the Registration ID/Roll Number and your date of birth and submit the Captcha Code
- UPSC Prelims 2020 Admit Card will appear on the screen
Download the admit card and check the details mentioned on it are correct. If you find any discrepancies, then immediately bring it to the notice of the UPSC. The details given below should be thoroughly checked on the UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2020.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Exam Centre Address
- UPSC Prelims Exam Schedule
- Instruction for Candidates
- Exam Conducting Authority
UPSC Prelims 2020 Exam- Important Instructions
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, the UPSC has released some important instructions to be carry-forwarded for candidates who are appearing for the Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2020. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before downloading the admit card. Find some of the important instructions below.
- Candidates should reach the exam venue at least 20 minutes before the exam as an entry shall be closed 10 minutes before the scheduled time i.e. 09:20 AM for the Forenoon Session and 02:20 PM for the Afternoon Session.
- All candidates should bring the UPSC Prelims Admit Card 2020 while appearing for the exam.
- You should keep the UPSC admit card 2020 safe till the declaration of the result.
- Camera, Phone, Calculator, Pager, or any other electronic devices are not permitted inside the exam hall.
Read the detailed instructions in the official site where the UPSC 2020 admit cards are released: https://upsconline.nic.in/