International Entrance Exams to Study Overseas
Students who are looking to study abroad must clear a set of entrance exams before getting an admission to a university of their choice. The entrance exam that has to be taken varies based on the country of their choice. However, some of the popular entrance exams at the moment are GRE, TOEFL, IELTs, SAT, LSAT, TestDAF, PTE, PSAT etc.
What are some of the more popular exams for overseas education?
Some of the most popular exams for education in countries such as the US, UK, Canada and Australia are as follows:
- GRE: GRE otherwise known as the Graduate Record Examination is one of the most popular exams among aspiring Indian students who want to study in the US. The exam tests candidates on the verbal, quantitative and general analytical skills. The GRE Scores are a must for admissions to engineering and science courses.
- TOEFL:TOEFL or the Test of English as a foreign language helps evaluate the capacity of students in the language of English. The TOEFL scores are accepted by almost all universities in countries such as the UK, Canada, USA and Australia
- IELTS: IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is one of the most popular examinations for non-native English speakers. This is sought after by organizations and universities across various commonwealth countries. This examination also acts as an immigration requirement.
- SAT: The Scholastic Aptitude Test or more popularly known as SAT is a mandatory requirement for candidates who wish to pursue their bachelors in the US. The SAT exam comprises of the reading, writing, quants and essay section.
- MCAT: MCAT is the Medical College Admission Test and is mandatory for candidates who wish to purse their medical degree in the US. The MCAT is a multiple choice test and focuses on evaluating the aptitude of the candidate.
- ACT: American college testing or more popularly known as ACT is a test conducted to evaluate high school students. This is used for admissions bachelor degree in the US along with the SAT.
- TestDAFTestDAF is an advanced language exam for higher education in Germany. This exam will provide a certificate which will act as an evidence for proficiency in German.
- PTE:The Pearson Test for English academic or PTE is a computer-based English language test. This test will evaluate non-native English speakers on their English proficiency.
- USMLEThe United States medical licensing examination or USMLE is three-step exam for a medical license in the US.
- PSAT:Preliminary SAT or PSAT is the practice version of the SAT exam. Good scores in PSAT can help get admissions and scholarships at universities.
What is the registration fee for these examinations?
The registration fee for foreign entrance exams are as follows: