IELTS is an online test that is considered as one of the most extensively known English language skill tests. It is primarily meant for candidates who are looking to study or work abroad or settle down in a place where English is the first mode of communication. The test measures one’s ability to read, write, listen and speak in English on a nine-based scale. There are several IELTS coaching institutes in sriperumbudur that prepare students for appearing for this examination. These institutes offer robust coaching with an industry-relevant curriculum to help candidates achieve their dream of settling abroad.
What is the minimum age for giving IELTS Exam?
Any candidate who is 16 years or above can appear for the IELTS examination. Those who wish to study or immigrate to countries like Canada, UK, USA, Australia, and New Zealand need to take this exam. The type of IELTS exam that you need to take varies, based on your purpose.
What is the IELTS test format?
The IELTS test is divided into four sections – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. The first three sections of the exam are to be completed on the same day. The speaking test is either scheduled on the same day or within a week to that. Below is a break down of all four test sections:
IELTS Band Score
IELTS listening test
The section is further divided into 4 sections and takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. You can take an additional 10 minutes to transfer your answers from the question appear to the answer sheet. Type of questions asked-Multiple choice questions, table/flow-chart, summary completion, sentence completion, matching, diagram labelling.
IELTS reading test
This section is further divided into 3 comprehension passages and takes approximately 60 minutes to complete, including the transfer time. Type of questions asked: Multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, matching, sentence completion, True and False, short answers to open questions.
IELTS writing test
This section includes 2 writing tasks:
- Graph writing (150 words)
- Essay Writing (250 words)
This section takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
IELTS Speaking Test
This includes a face-to-face interview conducted between the examiner and the student. It measures the speaking ability of the candidate in various situations.
IELTS Exam Pattern in Sriperumbudur
IELTS coaching fees in Sriperumbudur
There are various foreign education entrance exam coaching institutes in sriperumbudur that provide all the necessary help to aspiring candidates in their exam preparation. Below is an approximate fee structure of these institutes.
Top 10 Preparation Tips for Scoring 8 Band and More in IELTS
Students who want to pursue under or post-graduation in foreign universities and professionals who are keen on migrating abroad, have to take the IELTS exam, which examines a candidate’s English listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills. The two IELTS modules are Academic, which is for the would-be under and post-graduates, and General Training, which is for the overseas professionals who need a work or residence permit to migrate abroad. IELTS scores range between 0 and 9. Although every candidate is unique and requires a different band score to fulfill his/her objective, a band score of eight or more is desirable for most. Now, you can set your sights on securing a band score of eight in IELTS. But how do you actually secure such a lofty score? This article provides you the top 10 preparation tips for the desired success.
Following are the 10 most effective tips for scoring high:
- Make reading newspapers and listening to news a part of your everyday routine, to improve your vocabulary, learn to frame proper, concise sentences while writing and speaking, and basically keep yourself abreast with the happenings around the world.
- In addition to reading newspapers and listening to news, podcasts can also be really helpful in honing your listening skill, as far as the IELTS test is concerned.
- Learn to extemporize proficiently. You must learn extemporizing because in the second part in the speaking skill, you will be given a topic to speak on for a few minutes. Here, the focus has to be on clear pronunciation.
- Likewise, practice writing 200 or 300-word essays on random topics, to not only acquaint yourself with writing but also be able to write on any topic you get.
- Also a part of your IELTS preparation has to be learning grammar and becoming familiar with the same. In at least three (listening, speaking and writing) of the four sections in IELTS, your grammar will determine the score you accrue.
- You should also strive to improve your English vocabulary, although the focus need not entirely be on learning new terms alone. Rather, the focus should ideally be on the way a certain term has been used instead of another word that probably carries a similar meaning.
- While practicing your writing and speaking skills, in particular, try to be on point always; nothing too elaborate and nothing short of what is required either.
- Prioritize getting your basics right as well. You do not want your preparations for conquering the bigger challenges prove profligate because of a spelling error. So, guard against making elementary errors!
- Write multiple mock tests in the lead-up to the exam. Your preparation schedule should ideally have a couple of days of preparation followed by a mock test in some capacity. For example, you can mock test yourself only in the writing and listening sections on one day, and focus on the remaining sections the next day.
- Give yourself ample time to relax and enjoy yourself. This is an integral part of preparing for any challenging exam and it’s no different for IELTS as well.