List of Top Indian Forest Services(IFS) Exam Coaching in Ghaziabad.
Everything you need to know about the IFS Exam Coaching in Ghaziabad
One of the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the Indian Forest Service (IFS). It is for hiring officers of different levels dedicated to scientific management of the forests.The IFS officers have the important responsibility of protecting the forests of the land and ensuring implementation of the National Forest Policy. It contributes to maintaining the ecological balance in India. Entrusted with such responsibility, the entrance examination is justifiably difficult.
FS Number of Vacancies for 2021
For the year 2021, the total number of vacancies announced is approximately 90. For candidates who belong to SC, ST, OBC, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and PWD categories will have a reservation in accordance with the Governmental policy. According to the official notice by UPSC, the following is the vacancy distribution.
- Total number of vacancies 90 (approximately)
- Reserved vacancies 4
- Low Vision category: 1
- Partially Deaf category: 2
- Locomotor disability (sub-category: Leprosy cured and Acid attack): 1
Eligibility for IFS Exam Qualification
Candidates need to demonstrate physical fitness according to the physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination. Candidates can check the IFS official notification to check the detailed rules and regulations.
A candidate must be A citizen of India, or The subject of Nepal, or The subject of Bhutan, or Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates may have to provide proof of citizenship in case they want to appear for the examination.
The applicant is required to have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognized university or equivalent.
The age of the applicant should be minimum 21 years and maximum of 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination. However, the upper age limit will be flexible under the following circumstances
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC /ST): Up to 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): Up to 3 years
- State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989): Up to 5 years
- Defence Services personnel: Up to 5 years Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on and have been released: Up to 5 years
- ECOs/ SSCOs: Up to a maximum of five years.
Ministry of Defence issues a certificate so that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months’ notice on the selection from the date of receipt of an offer of appointment. Blind, deaf-mute, and Orthopaedically handicapped persons: Up to 10 years. Cumulative Age relaxation: SC, ST, and the OBC who fall under other clauses mentioned above will be eligible to seek cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
Indian Forest Service Exam Syllabus
Preliminary examination syllabus
The IFS Preliminary syllabus is structured in such a way that it assesses the candidate's comprehension of current affairs and aptitude within the stipulated time. The preliminary paper is a compulsory paper and qualifying in nature.
Mains examination syllabus
- Paper-I General English - (300 Marks) Candidates are required to write an essay in English. Other questions will test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Passages will usually be set for summary or precis. Comprehension of given passages Precis Writing Usage and Vocabulary Short Essay .
- Paper-II General Knowledge - (300 Marks) The General Knowledge paper includes the knowledge of current events, matters of everyday observation, and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. This paper will also include questions on Indian Politics which includes the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India, and Geography of nature.
- Paper-III, Paper-IV, Paper-V, and Paper-VI - (200 Marks for each paper) Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers.Interview for Personality Test - (300 Marks)
IFS Examination pattern
Candidates preparing for the IFS examination are suggested to take a look at the examination pattern. It would help them prepare the best for the exam. There are many ifs course in Delhi who can help students with preparation. The exam pattern, in brief, is as follows.
- IFS Preliminary Examination (400 Marks) - It is qualifying in nature and compulsory. The cut-off is 33% for qualifying to the next level of mains.
- IFS Main Examination (1700 Marks)