Everything you want to know about MPhil Distance Education in Mumbai
Students who complete their masters in their field of study, get confused if they can continue with further studies or take up a job. Fortunately, as of now, it is no more a choice that candidates will have to make. The students can study further if they choose to do so even while they are working. This has become possible for the availability of MPhil distance education. A candidate wishing to take the M.Phil course need to have to take a two-year course or maybe a one year course depending on the university and if the course is full-time or part-time. The course is subdivided into semesters held at intervals of six months. The distance education gives the students the opportunities to learn and work at the same time. It is a lucrative scope for bright students. If a candidate wants to get the best courses for MPhil distance education in Mumbai, then they should rely on visiting Sulekha.com. The online platform provides the best guide with a which carries the names of verified MPhil distance education classes in Mumbai. Sulekha, as one of a type of service, is the most convenient way to find MPhil distance education classes in Mumbai.
Why choose Sulekha?
Sulekha is the best of its type of service to get the information on where you get information on the best M.Phil. distance education in Mumbai. As a website with huge reach, users trust it completely as they find reliable information for topics like MPhil distance education in Mumbai. To get started, they need to fill-up the form and get recommendations. From the recommendations, they can choose the one best for them.
M.Phil - Course Details
For the candidate’s reference, a brief overview of the course details is given on M.Phil. However, it varies from university to university.
- M.Phil Full-Form - Master of philosophy
- M.Phil Course Duration - 1 - 2 years
- Level - Masters/ pre-doctoral
- Eligibility - Post-graduation in any field
- Average Course Fees - INR 5000-50,000
- Recruiting Organizations - Schools, Colleges, Coaching Centers, Publishing Journals, Libraries, etc.
- Job Profiles -Teacher, Counsellor, Librarian, Administrator, Education Researcher, etc.
- Average Salary - INR 2-4 Lacs
Eligibility for M.Phil
Aspirants for the course of M.Phil degree must go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the course on the university website where they wish to apply. Here are the essential qualification criteria.
- Post-graduation in any relevant field from a recognized college or university.
- A minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam. (This varies from college to college). Marks relaxation is given according to Government policy.
- Universities can lay down their marks criteria. It is usually a minimum of 55% marks if the students are postgraduate.
- Age - The upper age limit varies from university to university. The age relaxation as applicable is granted in accordance with the Government of India policy.
M.Phil entrance exam
Aspirants who meet the essential requirement for the test can take the entrance test. It is often a need for getting into the M.Phil course. Weightage is also given to marks of the candidates, as stated in their previous academic qualification. The marks secured in the entrance examination is also given equal weightage. A combination of both factors is taken into account.
M.Phil entrance exam syllabus
The syllabus for entrance examination varies and also depends on the subject of specialization as chosen by the candidate. However, basic questions are framed, keeping the following things in mind.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Verbal Aptitude
- Teaching Proficiency Test
- Logical Reasoning
The entrance examination, which is qualifying in nature, is designed to test the candidate’s potentiality to perform higher studies. As the course is pre-doctoral in nature, the aim is to test the research ability of the students who wish to take up the course. It can be a combination of both multiple-choice questions and essay type questions followed by personal interview.
What do you learn in an M.Phil course?
The need for higher education and quality education has set the authorities to set the bar high for courses like M.Phil and Ph.D. The M.Phil course is designed for keeping certain learning outcomes in mind. Here is a brief overview of what the student can expect to learn during their M.Phil course, which prepares them for doctoral studies.
- Literature review - It is a crucial part of any research activity. Though some masters courses help the students get a practice of literature review, it is not until the students start their M.Phil course that they truly learn the art of reviewing literature that covers their research topic or interest.
- Quantitative and qualitative research - The different types of research is another field of an area that M.Phil courses cover. It is essential, and students learn the basic difference and ways of performing both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Publication guideline - As it is commonly said in the field of research, publish or perish, this course typically teaches aspirants various ways of carrying out the publication of their findings. They can learn about indexing, referencing a distinct other crucial detail.
- Successfully conducting research - The entire research process is very structured, and students undergoing an M.Phil course will typically teach the students the art of research.