As long as the plumbing is doing fine, there’s no real cause for concern. When terrifying clogs and damaging leaks show up, you cannot hire a plumber every time for small problems like these. Here are five simple genius hacks that help you solve the minor plumbing problems or keep the issues from getting worse.
1. Leaky FaucetThe answer to this depends on the type of fixture. A slow drip is an indication of a worn gasket or washer. If you want to try replacing it by yourself make sure you purchase the right size washer that fits the tap. You can try closing the shut-off valves under the washbasins or sinks. Turning them off stops the faucet from dripping. You need to remember that it is not a solution but a trick to delaying repair.
2. Clogged DrainCheck if the blockage is right below the plug. If not, here is how you can unclog the drain with the products easily available at home. All you need is baking soda, vinegar, and hot water. Pour the extremely hot water into the drain and sprinkle a quarter cup of baking soda. Mix vinegar with hot water, pour it down the sink and leave it for 10 minutes. Now, try pouring normal water to wash down the loosen clogs inside.
3. Running ToiletA running toilet is usually caused by a bad fill valve, a broken flapper, or a leaky flush valve. Check the cause and fix the valve to get rid of this problem permanently, while jiggling the handle may fix the problem temporarily.
4. Low water pressureFixing a faucet with slow water pressure is very tricky. There may be a buildup of calcium in the faucet aerator or a water leak somewhere else inside the home. You can try removing the aerator and clean out the debris. If in case of water leak through broken or corroded pipes, the damaged pipelines need to be replaced.
6. Leaking pipesLeakage in the pipes is the main reason for the wall dampness which ruins the interior of the house. Pipes inside the walls start leaking at the joints or corroded areas. Fixing leaking pipes generally needs the help of the plumber for replacements. But, you can prevent leaking in the pipes by checking them for rust or lime deposits.