Art of programming is a struggle for many and with several budding software engineers, there is an increasing competition in the field of software engineering. To keep up with this growth, it's essential that every software engineer is able to code fast without making many mistakes.
The following tips will help you master the art of coding fast
1. Play with code while learning: The key to being able to code fast is playing with it. Reading about how to code might be straightforward but being able to implement commands in a code truly determines how good one is in the field of programming. Try using all the syntaxes in casual scenarios as much as possible. Eventually, you can start coding with ease.
2. Get comfortable with the fundamentals: Establishing a strong foundation is important when coding. Without proper knowledge in the fundamental zone, coding might just get harder. Go through all basics thoroughly, and keep practicing until you know what to use where. Once you hardcode the fundamentals into your brain, transitioning to the advanced concepts will be much easier.
3. Code by Hand: Take a piece of paper and try to write a code. This is probably the most effective method when it comes to coding. This can be a time-consuming process but is extremely rewarding. Not only will this process strengthen your fundamentals but will make you a more confident programmer. Just assume that you're attempting a paper-based test. Set a time and try and write a code within the given time.
4. Refer to online sources: Almost all major programming languages have a dedicated community filled with proficient developers. The amount of reference materials one can find is limitless. Use these free resources wisely to strengthen your coding skills. When in doubt (big or small), post it on a forum immediately to get your doubts cleared. There are dedicated forums with a sole purpose of providing answers to queries. No doubt is silly, so don't stop yourself from getting answers to your queries.
5. Sample Code: Reading a sample code is a great way of understanding but it just isn't enough to exactly understand how something works. To truly understand a code, one needs to actually run the code and try making changes to it. One could also implement different commands to get a sense of how the whole process works. Apart from just making changes, understand the whole code and try rewriting it. It will take several attempts before one could actually re-create it, but with each attempt, you just get more comfortable with it.
Apart from the above tips, it’s always good to work with guidance from some of the best institutes which provide programming language training.