Solar energy is now popular as a source of green energy. However, it is not limited to solar panels harnessing energy from the sun. Solar water heaters and heating systems, also called solar thermal systems, are popular alternatives to contribute to green energy.
At Sulekha, we have listed 520+ top solar water heater dealers and services in Gurgaon. You can choose from any of these trusted and verified dealers. All the listed businesses are reviewed by excellent users, which ensures their reliability and transparency. Solar water heater dealers and services listed with us have also earned 5 star rating, which indicates excellent service. Fill the form above and our representative would get in touch with you.
Why Choose Sulekha?
Sulekha is a trusted business listing portal online. We cater to thousands of users daily and help them locate products and services. We list verified businesses with positive ratings and reviews as a mark of great service.
- Sulekha lists hundreds of businesses for a single category
- Compare solar water heater costs and crack a lucrative deal
- Only genuine and experienced dealers are listed in Sulekha
- Choose from star-rated and reviewed dealers and services
- Hassle-free communication
Sulekha is a reliable website because there are no hidden terms and conditions. We provide genuine information to users.
Interesting Facts About Solar Water Heaters
Solar water heaters follow a mechanism that converts energy from the sun into hot water. The process is called solar thermal. It consists of a collector, which attracts sunlight and then converts it into various heating solutions available for both domestic as well as commercial purposes. To heat water or space, solar thermal is used.
Some of the common solar water heating systems are:
- A domestic hot water system
- Swimming pool or tub heating system
- Space heating system
- Combi system
How Solar Thermal Systems Work?
- Solar thermal panels, or collectors, are installed on the roof or location to absorb energy
- With the help of a low-energy pump, solar liquid circulates through the panels and delivers water to water stored in a tank
- When you need water, the solar-heated water stored in the tank would pre-feed the water-heating system.
- Once pre-fed with hot water, the water heater or boiler is either activated for a short duration or not activated.
Types of Solar Water Heaters
- There are two types of active solar water heating systems – direct and indirect
- The direct circulation system pumps household water through solar collectors, which is delivered to different parts of the house as needed. They are equipped with automatic controllers that can sense the availability of sunlight. However, these systems are unsuccessful in cold or freezing temperatures.
- The indirect circulation system pumps water through a heat-transfer fluid, which does not freeze. It is then passed through collectors and heat exchangers. It functions in multiple heating applications and freezing temperatures. However, they are more expensive than direct heating systems.
- There are two types of passive solar water heating systems – integral collector-storage and thermosyphon system.
- An integral collector-storage system comprises of a storage tank, pipes, and collection unit that pumps cold water directly into the collector. It is perfect for homes that require hot water during daytime and evening. But, it does not function properly in cold climatic conditions.
- A thermosyphon system follows the principle of warm water rising as well as cold water sinking. The warm water inside the collector rises into the storage tank. However, the weight of the storage tank is a disadvantage and could be a challenge for men working on that roof. The system is more expensive too.
Buying Solar Water Heaters
While the solar water heater price is an important factor, there are other relevant technical specifications to consider:
- Size: The choice of size is important to meet the needs. Proper sizing ensures the heating system would meet at least 90 percent of the hot water requirement.
- Volume: Storage volume is another important consideration. A storage tank with a capacity of 50 to 60 gallons is good enough for three people. However, for up to four people, you would need 80 gallons or even bigger storage tank.
- Requires Less Space: Solar thermal panels require less space than the photovoltaic panels. In fact, fewer panels are needed for heating water compared to a large number of panels used to light up a home.
- Saves Cost: The cost of solar heating panels is cheaper than huge domestic installations.
- Energy Efficiency: Approximately 80 percent of the sun’s rays are turned into heat energy to get hot water, which saves energy too.
- Minimum Maintenance: Once a solar water heater is installed, it requires little maintenance. It can run up to 20 years if maintained properly.
- Eco-friendly: Your home can be eco-friendly and free from carbon footprint if you install a solar water heater. You would also get tax incentives for your contribution to the environment.
Solar Water Heater Brands
You can choose a brand that is known for its genuine service and goodwill. At Sulekha, we list dealers and service providers dealing in branded solar water heaters in different price segments and volume.
Some of the popular brands are:
- Racold: The best manufacturing company that makes domestic and commercial solar water heaters.
- Tata Power: Tata is a reputed name in the solar water heating industry. It is the leading solar power company that brings to you highly energy-efficient heating systems.
- Icomm Tele Ltd: It is a reputed solar product manufacturing company with its branches in Africa, Srilanka, Bangladesh, Middle East, and Nepal.
- Kotak Urja Pvt. Ltd: The company makes quality solar water heater products for regular use.
- IndoSolar Ltd: The company used the latest world-class techniques to manufacture the best solar heating systems. They also offer solar products to the international market.
- MBSL: It is a leading solar water heater manufacturing company that makes world-class solar products.
Solar Water Heater Price
Solar water heater price depends on multiple factors such as brand, capacity, usage, type, etc.
There is a flat plate collector (FPC) solar heater, which is long-lasting, and work seamlessly in cold climatic conditions. However, these solar water heaters cost more than other varieties.
Similarly, there are evacuated tube collector heating systems, which are suitable for colder regions. These are durable and reliable, but fragile.
Should you wish to buy a solar water heater in Gurgaon, fill the form above. Sulekha executive shall get in touch with you shortly.