Hiring Guide for Termite Pest Control Service in Sangareddy
Termites are highly beneficial insects as it helps to break down the deadwood and speed up the conversion of nutrients in the soil. However, when they invade your residential space, they can be destructive and harmful. As a homeowner, you must continuously be putting efforts to keep your house clean and pest free. However, sometimes these small pesky insects can invade your space very effortlessly depending on various factors. To help you be hands-on with the situation, let’s throw light on some essential information to help you deal with it effortlessly.
How to identify termites at home?
One of the first precautionary steps to identify termites is to be alert. It usually emerges from the soil, food sources, tubes etc. and rapidly grows in number. People typically notice only when it grows in numbers and starts damaging your property.
- Always examine the hollow spaces and cracks in the wooden furniture
- Be quick to distinguish and identify the termite swarms
Tips to prevent termite infestation
Dry wood termite, the Formosan termite, and subterranean termites are the most common ones spotted in Indian households. Listed below are some termite control tips to prevent termite invasion in your home.
- Termites get attracted to places with higher moisture. Get rid of that excess standing water around your home. Deal with leaky drainage and plumbing problems at the earliest.
- Avoid wood and soil contact in and around your home.
- Avoid planting trees too close to your house.
- A coat of paint acts as a barrier for dry wood termites
- Seal and repair the cracks to prevent termite migration
- Get your house inspected by a professional expert at least once in a year
How to deal with termite infestation?
- Act quick- Get in touch with the best termite pest control expert listed at Sulekha. Get it inspected at the earliest to understand the infestation level and solution.
- Small efforts- Until the expert comes in, try and put in small efforts to avoid further infestation. Follow some of the preventive measures mentioned above.
- Follow up- Stick to the follow-up guidelines mentioned by the expert to keep termites at bay. Also, be regular with your pest treatment frequency suggested by the expert.
Types of termite treatments
- Chemical treatments: Chemical treatments are more effective when handled and applied the right way. This warrants the need for professional pest control experts. Experts usually use a chemical called termiticides for the successful eradication of the termites.
- Non- Chemical treatments: No insecticides are used in such procedures. Some of the standard non- chemical treatments that keep termites at bay are physical barriers made during the construction, steel mesh, or particles of sand and biological control agents.
- Wood treatments: Wood treatments are done using spray-on chemicals such as borates during construction to keep the wood protected.
- Termite baits: Termite baits incorporate cellulose baits that have slow-acting insecticides. It was introduced to control the overuse of harmful chemicals and insecticides. Termites tend to feed on the bait and eventually die. It is also used as a monitoring tool to detect termites before it blows out of proportion.
- Conventional barrier treatments: Conventional barrier treatments make use of termiticides application directly on the soil. One must ensure that they use the right termiticide in the mentioned quantities with proper application. Improper application can turn out to be disastrous as it may contaminate the surrounding with no protection against the termites.
Termite pest treatment charges
Termite pest control charges in Sangareddy may differ depending on various factors such as
- The intensity of termite infestation
- Partial or complete house treatment
- Frequency of treatments required
- Type of service- chemical or non-chemical
- Products and equipment’s used
* Disclaimer: These prices may vary based on your specific requirements