The waterproofing contractors are the professionals who seal your house from water to protect it from the damages caused by it. The waterproofing contractors in Patiala incorporate high-grade materials manufactured from multiple waterproofing companies. Most of the buildings in India are prone to damages caused by water which adversely affects the structural strength of the buildings. Waterproofing makes the structure resistant to water protect the building. Some waterproofing chemicals are mixed with the concrete during the construction process to waterproof the building completely. This technique is known as integral waterproofing. Many other waterproofing treatments include bitumen waterproofing methods, acrylic waterproofing methods, waterproof paints, and cement.
The first step in waterproofing solution is to find where the water comes from. It is necessary to identify that to keep the water away from damaging the home. There are a few ways by which water can enter through the parts of the house. One needs to waterproof all these parts of the house to escape from damages caused by water. Waterproofing also increases the value of your house.
Even though your foundations are strong enough, they may develop cracks and allow water to pass through. Concrete is naturally porous which makes it easy for water and moisture to enter. When there is water infiltration in your basements, there are many sources from which the water can enter. It may due to increasing groundwater level or there may be flooding near your city which indirectly increases the groundwater of your area. In some cases, the water may be due to the leakage from the sump tank or from the broken drains. To waterproofing the basements or foundations, one needs to identify the source of the water before planning for waterproofing. Accordingly, you may need to waterproof the basement floors, interior walls or the exterior walls.
In India, terrace waterproofing methods are mostly predominant than the other ones. In a tropical country like India, the buildings are exposed to extreme weather conditions. These enhance crack formation in the buildings which decreases the structural strength. The terrace is the part that is most affected by these climatic changes from heavy rains to hot summers. There are many terrace leakage solutions available with the waterproofing services in Bangalore. There are two possibilities of water seepage through the terrace. The water may come from the overhead tank of stagnant rainwater.
Similar to the terrace, the exterior walls are also exposed to severe weather conditions. The rainwater infiltrates into the wall, resulting in wall dampness, blistering of the wall paint and mold growth. The mold growth brings a bad odor, exploits the interior and exterior look of the house and may also cause health issues. Waterproof paints work great for exterior walls which enhances the exterior look too.
Doors and Windows
The rainwater is the source for water seepage through doors and windows. During rainy seasons, the rainwater enters the house through the gaps at the window and door joints. Some waterproofing materials are available in the market for sealing the gaps between the windows and doors to block the water from entering the house. Most commonly, silicone sealants and waterproof tapes are used for stopping the water infiltration through the gaps between the windows and door joints.
Bathroom and kitchen
Water usage is inevitable in both the kitchen and bathroom areas of the house. The bathrooms are exposed to water all over the day while the kitchen uses water only in the sink or the dishwashing area. The bathrooms need to be treated with waterproofing materials thoroughly to avoid water seepage to the other parts of the house. It is essential to block the water from the bathroom to get infiltrated into the building. One needs to place tiles on the walls of the bathroom to avoid infiltration of the backsplash water. The bathroom floor need to be treated by waterproofing materials and the joints are required to be sealed with silicone sealants and any other sealants to avoid water seepage.
Waterproofing the kitchen space can be very easy comparatively. The areas under the sink and the pipelines got to be free from water leakage and sealed with waterproofing materials. Backsplashes are also used in kitchens as an oil and waterproofing solution when cooking.
Most of the house owners prefer keeping their water tanks at the top of the house to enhance functionality and minimize the energy bills. Unlike the other structures if the house, the water tanks hold the water required for supplying to the entire house or the apartments. As the overhead tanks are present on the top of the building, it is easier for the water to infiltrate throughout the building.
These reasons make it mandatory to waterproof the overhead tanks. When you skip waterproofing your overhead tank, the water infiltrates into the walls of the house and ruins the interior look as well as weakens the structural strength of the building.
Similar to the overhead water tanks, it is also important to waterproof the sump tanks, swimming pools and other structures that hold water for a long period of time because these structures undergo more pressure and stress due to water than the other ones.
Waterproofing treatment is one of the necessary treatments that every building needs to remain strong and last long. Hire a waterproofing contractor and waterproof your building too. You can hire one by just answering the form given above.
Best leakage solutions for different parts of your house
Waterproofing contractors are professionals who specialize in waterproofing techniques by using quality waterproofing materials. Waterproofing contractors in Patiala are thriving to find the best solutions for all the leakage or seepage problems. Waterproofing services in Patiala provide you with solutions for leakage problems from the terrace, walls, ceiling, and bathroom. There is a long list of waterproofing materials used for terrace, walls and other materials. Here is the description of some of the solutions to leakage problems.
Terrace waterproofing methods and materials: People commonly seek for terrace or ceiling water leakage solutions in Patiala. In a tropical country like India, exposed to harsh climatic changes all over the year. This drastic changes in weather also play a significant role in damaging the terrace leading to ceiling water seepage. Some of the terrace leakage solutions are as follows
The conventional brickbat Coba method: Incorporated with new waterproofing techniques is still existing in the market. A layer of brickbats on the surface of the terrace grouted with the green mortar. Modern methods include additional finish with waterproof cement.
- Advantages: It is simple to construct, affordable and also provides slope to the roof for drainage of water too.
- Disadvantages: Harsh weather conditions lead to cracks, difficult to replace and add heavy dead load to the building.
The cementitious coating waterproofing system is based on the modified acrylic polymers to create an elastic barrier to stop ingression of water. This coating also helps to enhance the durability of the already existing surface. A layer of the coat provides you the leak-proof terrace or ceiling.
- Advantages: It is easy to apply, and the materials are available readily in the market. It also has high wear and tears resistance.
Polymer modified Bitumen membrane waterproofing methods involve polymer or polyester reinforced bitumen for enhanced waterproofing. These materials are available as rolls that are laid on the surface of the terrace with the torch on the method. These membranes are also known as the torch on membranes that helps you build a waterproof ceiling.
- Advantages: It is an inexpensive, readily available and provides a corrosion-free sealed surface.
- Disadvantages: When heated, bitumen fumes release carcinogens that affect the health of the surrounding people.
PU liquid membrane waterproofing method uses a polyurethane coating which helps in heat resistance as well as waterproofing. The procedure involves surface preparation, crack filling, priming, covering with PU coating, and sanding.
- Advantages: Highly elastic and resistant to heat and UV which prevents crack forming.
PVC membrane waterproofing methods use a polyvinyl chloride membrane reinforced with polyester mesh. Unlike the PU membrane waterproofing method, the procedure involves surface preparation, crack filling, priming which is continued by heating with a torch and finished with aluminum paint on the surface.
- Advantages: It is highly insensitive to adverse weather conditions which promise high durability and last long.
EPDM membrane or Synthetic rubber waterproofing methods involve a synthetic rubber compound that is proven to be the most efficient waterproofing material. The application of the EPDM membranes not just end with terraces and roofs, but also with pond linings and other purposes. The procedure is similar to the above method, but it uses adhesive instead of a torch to adhere to the surface.
- Advantages: It is resistant to heat, UV, impact, and tear, extremely flexible, and durable. Most of the terrace waterproofing contractors in Patiala provide all these solutions listed here. These methods guarantee to deliver you leak proof solutions.
Wall waterproofing techniques: Walls get damp during the monsoon season usually which is an evidence of water or moisture ingress into the walls. This dampness leads to flaky patches of paints on the walls that damages the interior look of your house. There are many wall seepage solutions or waterproofing methods that help you to avoid these problems. A varied range of waterproofing materials is available in the market that helps you to protect your internal and external walls from external moisture or monsoon rains. Some of the wall water leakage solutions are
- Concrete waterproofing coating - This coating method provides a cementitious product that adheres to walls permanently. It works for any surface including painted walls.
- Silicate-based concrete sealer - This sealant reacts with the ingredients in the concrete wall to form a barrier that stops ingression of water. These sealants are also popularly known as leak seal, and it works only on unpainted walls.
- Waterproofing paint - These are quite popular, inexpensive and readily available in the market. It is similar to acrylic wall paints with additional waterproofing properties. Choose a gas permeable formulation that allows walls to breathe and eliminate moisture. Otherwise, it leads to pressure buildup inside the walls leading to furthermore cracks on it. It works on previously painted walls too.
Bathroom waterproofing techniques: Unlike the other areas of the house, these areas get exposed to water throughout the day. The primary idea of waterproofing the bathroom, kitchen and overhead tanks is to avoid water infiltration through the walls or floors of these areas. It is required to waterproof the base floor, walls and tile joints of the bathroom. Some of the bathroom leakage solutions are
- Waterproof tape - It blends tough, durable foil with a rubber adhesive to form an instant waterproof solution that seals leaks and gaps.
- Waterproof grout - It is the grout that holds waterproofing properties which makes it suitable for the bathroom, shower and swimming pool applications.
- Waterproof coat - It is a cementitious polymer-based waterproof coating. This coating can be easily used by brushing a layer on the drainage pipes.
- Waterproof sealant - Sealants are readily available which can be used to create a waterproofing barrier at the wall-floor joints, window joints and balcony door joints.
It is not easy to find the best waterproofing services in Patiala who provides you with the quality services with standard materials. We are here to help you find a suitable waterproofing contractor who can cater to your requirements. All you need to do is answer the questions above to enable us to understand your needs.