Everything You Need to Know Before You Book a Makeup Artist in Chennai
Booking a bridal makeup artist for your special day in Chennai can be a draining task that needs nuance and experience to handle well. So here are some tips which can help you with the makeup artist booking and save you from running into trouble before you go ahead with the booking.
Start enquiring about wedding makeup artists in Chennai or with the makeup artists that you desire to book as soon as the dates are decided. Celebrity Makeup artists in Chennai are one of the busiest professionals, and booking an appointment with your chosen groom's makeup artist on the desired date is arduous. So, take your time with inquiry and be on your toes.
Meet one-on-one with the artists after shortlisting
Always set up a one-on-one meeting with the best makeup artists in Chennai you have shortlisted for your wedding day. This meeting creates a rapport between you and your makeup artists, giving you an idea of who will work best for your dynamic and who will provide you with what you need. Make sure to inform the makeup artist about the one-on-one prior so there is no miscommunication.
Ask, and you shall receive
Ensure that you put up all your obligations and requirements to the makeup artist in a detailed manner, preferably with examples in required cases, during the meeting with them. Ask your makeup artists if they can provide all your needed services. So, you can arrange for alternatives if they cannot offer them, or you can learn about the extra charges they will be charging for those services if they provide them. Make sure to mention even the most minor service you require on your special day so that the Bridal makeup artist in Chennai and their team will be prepared for it.
Make a note of the services you require
Prior to the one-on-one with the makeup artist, make sure to take note of all the services you might need on the wedding day, such as hair styling, drapery, accessories, makeup, and hairstyling on guests and family members, commute to the location of the event and as such requirements you might need your makeup artist to do. Doing this will give your makeup artist a clear idea of your wants and needs, which will help them cater better to your needs and do things according to your preference.
Ask for discounts, but don't haggle.
It is entirely okay for you to ask for discounts from your makeup artists for your booking and services accompanied with the bridal makeup. Most makeup artists offer discounts if the client chooses a bunch of benefits. Some even provide lots of services combined as packages. But you can still do something other than haggle with the makeup artist's service charges since that is considered equal to disrespecting their artistry. But if you are looking for a lower price, you can always opt for another makeup artist, therefore, do not haggle with your makeup artist.
Make sure to communicate
Communication is the primary key when it comes to makeup artists. You need to show them precisely what you want from them. If you have a look in mind, let them know. If you see a picture you like and want to recreate, show it to them. If you are uncomfortable with something they are doing, let them know. If you have any allergies or skin conditions, let them know. If you prefer the makeup items they might use on you, let them know. And remember to get in touch with them regarding the trial makeup and if you will be charged for the trial makeup.
Make the payments on time
It is imperative that you make the payment on the promised time or within the promised time. Usually, makeup artists in Chennai charge an advance fee for their service, which will be refunded in cases of cancellation from the make artists' side. The advance fee will not be returned in case of cancellation from your side. However, this advance fee is made to make an appointment with the makeup artist and book them for your event's desired date. Make sure that you make the payment for the makeup artist's services on the day of the event and take the cost to the makeup artist.
Keep the makeup artists informed about delays or cancellations
If there is a delay on the day of the event or for a specific issue that causes a delay in going forward through your event, make sure that your makeup artist is one of the first few people to know. This action will let them make the appropriate arrangements for your needs. If you need to cancel the event due to issues, make sure you inform your makeup artist about it, you might not get the advance fee that you paid back. However, it will let them take other bookings for the day they were canceled for.
Makeup Trails for Your Special Day, Is it Really Necessary?
Makeup trials are indeed reasonably necessary. It is also recommended that you meet up with your makeup artist prior to your big day to set things straight. And not having a makeup trial or a discussion with your makeup artist is a recipe for disaster on its own. Therefore, here is a list of advantages of having a wedding makeup trial:
- A makeup trial lets you know your makeup artist better. This will also let you have a preference for your wedding makeup.
- Letting your MUA work with your hair and skin is one of the most significant advantages of having a makeup trial. This allows them to give your recommendations according to your skin and hair type. It also lets them prepare their tool and products according to their skin type.
- Giving a glimpse of your skin and hair type to your makeup artist to see how your skin and hair react to certain products that they have. Therefore, they will be able to prepare the products for your big day accordingly.
- The most significant advantage of going for a makeup trial is that your makeup artist can figure out your foundation shade, which is very important to how your makeup will turn out on your important day.
- The makeup trial also allows them to play with makeup looks and fixate on something that suits the bride the best and that the bride will be delighted with.
YES! You also want to avoid a makeup artist doing your makeup or discussing with you directly on your wedding day! That's leaving too many aspects to chance on this most prominent day of your life.
What's Better? Airbrush or HD Makeup?
Airbrush Makeup and HD makeup have their advantages and disadvantages. But something both these makeup techniques have in common is that they are pricier than regular traditional bridal makeup. However, these techniques are preferred over the conventional method due to their drastically better results. However, both processes and outcomes depend on the Makeup Artist and their nuance with these techniques. Therefore, it is recommended that the bride refers to the previous work of the makeup artist to check if the MUA's works align with the bride's expectations. Here are some pointers to consider before you choose one of these makeup techniques:
- HD makeup is done using luxurious makeup products, which ends up resulting in a flawless and natural-looking makeup
- Meanwhile, the Airbrush makeup is known to last longer.
- HD makeup can hide blemishes and acne while airbrushing does it minimally.
- Airbrush makeup is preferred for dry-skin brides since it tends to become flaky.
- HD makeup technique consumes time, while airbrushing is a much quicker method
- Blending airbrush makeup can become a thorn in one's side with difficulty.
- HD makeup is easy to blend and correct, even if it takes longer.
- It is easy for Airbrush makeup to look cakey and for it to look like globs of makeup if it is not used proficiently.
- Opting for a makeup trial is the best way to avoid mishaps.
- Research makeup well since it can make or break your special day.