iPhone Application Development Training in Bangalore
iOS was created by Apple and exists within the development environment of an IDE called Xcode. Apple also created its language, called Swift. The step to building the app was to set up a basic UI using UIKit, Apple’s UI Framework. iPhone application development training will help candidates gain knowledge in both Objective C and Swift for app development with apple devices. Candidates will learn about the various things such as functions, controllers, gestures, pickers, and maps in detail to help develop applications.
What are the learning outcomes of this course?
The learning outcomes of this course are as follows:
- Understanding the framework and architecture of iOS
- Hands on experience with Xcode and interface builder
- Learning how to create a custom iOS drawing
- Managing and creating iOS controls like buttons, pickers and text fields
- Learning how to work with navigation controls and other UI components
- In depth knowledge in maps and Media API
- Understanding how to work with other devices which use iOS
Introduction to iOS Development:
iOS App Structure:
There are three types of iOS applications:
- Native applications uses Objective C/Swift for building the application
- Hybrid applications use frameworks like Xamarin, Cordova etc. along with Objective C/Swift.
- Web based applications are responsive versions of websites built for working on mobile device.
iOS Auto Layout and Setting Constraints:
- Add constraints and understand how auto layout works.
- Pin and Align UI elements.
- To create containers to configure advanced layouts.
- To debug auto layout errors.
- Understand the pre-requisites to automatic layout.
- To use stack views to easily layout UI.
Reading and using Apple Documentation:
- To use Swift functions and understand input parameters and return types.
- Error handling using try and catch.
- Code refactoring.
- Basic debugging for code errors.
Control Flow and Optional:
- Understand the need and use cases of Swift Optionals.
- To use IF-ELSE and Switch statements to control the flow of code execution.
- Learn about Swift Dictionaries.
- Learn to use the UIProgressView to create an animated progress bar.
- Figure out how to use the Timer object in Swift using documentation.
iOS Design Patterns:
- Learn about 2D arrays.
- Learn about Swift Structures and creating custom types.
- Learn about struct initialization.
- Learn about properties and methods and the difference between functions and methods.
Model View Controller:
- Action methods
- Image view
- Text fields
- Closing keypad and tags
- Alert controller
- Web view and UI components
- Segment controls
- Table view controller
- Indexed section
- Header and footer
- Custom table view
- View and table view controller
- Indexed section
Localization and app development
- Localization architecture and application
- Certificate request
- Provision profile
- Application deployment
- Creating an App id
- Learn about Swift classes.
- Learn about Object-Oriented Programming and inheritance.
- Learn the difference between Structures and Classes and when to use each.
- Learn to use the UISlider.
- Creating a custom UIViewController class.
- Creating UI completely programmatically without Interface Builder.
- To build a multi-screen app using segues.
- Advanced methods of handling Swift Optionals, including Optional Binding, Optional Chaining.
- Learn about Color Literals
- To use public APIs to get live data from the internet.
- Learn about Networking and use the native URLSession object to make HTTP requests to a server.
- Learn about the Decodable Protocol and how to parse JSON formatted data using the native JSONDecoder.
- Learn to create Dark Mode differentiated assets and use vector assets.
- Learn to use the UITextField to get keyboard inputs.
- Learn about Swift Protocols
- Learn about the Delegation design pattern using Protocols.
- Learn about Swift Extensions.
- Learn to use Swift computed properties.
- Understand the completion handler and the Swift Closure.
- Learn about Core Location to tap into the device GPS data.
- SwiftUI Essentials
- Navigation and Modal Presentation
- Passing Data
- State Management
- Persistence and Concurrency
- Recording Audio
Command Line and Terminal:
- To use basic bash commands in the Unix Terminal.
- To manipulate files and folders without needing a graphical user interface.
- To download and install to your computer using command line.
Augmented Reality on iOS and ARKIT:
- Getting Started
- How AR Works
- Rendering the View
- World Tracking with Sessions
- Respond to Session Events
- The Current Frame, Camera and Anchors
- Adding Bugs to the Scene
- A Brief Introduction to 3D Math
- Light Estimation
- Shooting Bugs
- Level Design
- 2D Design to 3D World
- Anchor Collision
- Firebug Destruction
Mobile App Design:
- Colour Theory
- Mobile User Interface (UI) design fundamentals
- Mobile User Experience (UX) design fundamentals
- iOS vs. Android design differences
- How to use Sketch, Marvel to design your app mockup