USA Education Consultants in Bangalore - Study Engineering in US Universities
Engineering is an ever-growing field with excellent career opportunities both in the US and other overseas countries. Students who have a strong interest in Science and Maths can easily opt for Engineering and its varied specializations. Several universities in the US offer a wide variety of options in the field of Engineering for international students. Further, the universities allow their students to explore top MNCs and their job opportunities.
Why Engineering in the US?
The Engineering positions are considered one of the top-paid jobs in several parts of the US. Further, it only requires a bachelor’s degree for an entry-level position.
Top Engineering Universities in the US
US universities serve as a hub of Engineering courses, with several schools offering exclusive and specified specializations like nuclear engineering, architectural engineering, and audio engineering. Further, some of the common engineering courses, such as industrial, electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, etc.., are offered by US universities. Some of the top universities to opt for engineering courses in the US are:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Stanford University
- University of California – Berkeley
- University of Arkansas
- Auburn University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Career in Engineering
There is a high demand for engineering positions, especially for those who opt for chemical, mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering. An average amount of $50,000 to $100,000 is paid for the engineering graduates in the US, depending on their specializations.
Some of the Top-Earning Engineering Fields are as follows:
- Chemical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Computer engineering
- Materials engineering
- Petroleum engineering
Exams to Take to Study in the US
If a student’s native language is not English, they must submit a score or proof of English language proficiency for pursuing their higher education in the US. Generally, exams like TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE are taken by the students.
- TOEFL The test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL exam is one of the predominant tests taken by international students as proof of English language proficiency. Several US universities accept TOEFL scores as an entry ticket for international students, and universities like Princeton offer English language courses too if they hold poor scores in TOEFL.
- IELTS More than 3,400 universities in the US accept IELTS scores to conclude an international student’s English language proficiency. It examines a student’s English language knowledge under four aspects – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- PTE Pearson Test of English is becoming increasingly popular among US universities. Apart from these, there are other tests like SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test), ACT (American College Test), GRE (Graduate Record Examination)