IAS Prelims exam is postponed, will now be conducted on October 10. The Civil Services Examination is one of the topmost competitive examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment to various Civil Services for the government of India. Every year, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) publishes an annual calendar well in advance so that aspirants preparing for different exams will get an overall idea about the dates. This year, the UPSC application process has started on the 4th of March 2021.
IAS exam will be held in three phases- Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and Interview Test. The first stage of the IAS examination is the UPSC preliminary stage consisting of two papers- General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper-II; each paper is of 200 marks: objective and multiple-choice questions. Once the candidate clears the Prelims exam, he/she is eligible to appear in the Mains written exams. Then, if the candidate clears the Mains exam, he/she will be illegible to face the personality interview test
- Qualifying Papers English and anyother Indian Language
- UPSC Essay Paper-I and Paper-II
- General Studies Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III and Paper-IV
- Optional Subjects Paper-I and Paper-II
UPSC Exam Dates 2021
|UPSC Exam Name||Date of Exam|
|Indian Forest Service(Main)||27-June-2021|
|Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam||10-October-2021|
|Reserved for UPSC RT/ Exam||04-Jul-2021|
|Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Exam||08-August-2021|
|Combined Medical Services Exam||29-August-2021|
|NDA & NA Exam(II)||05-Sept-2021|
|Civil Services(Main)Exam||Yet to Announced|
|Indian Forest Service(Main)Exam||11-Dec-2021|
- Preliminary exam- This is a 2-hour long offline mode test with bilingual options- English and Hindi. The candidate must clear 2 papers weighed 200 marks each, comprising of objective questions. The cleared candidates can proceed to the next stage by reapplying for the main exams.
- Main exam- The candidate must clear 7 papers weighing 1750 marks within the allotted time of 3 hours. This offline exam comprises of objective and subjective answers with bilingual options (Hindi & English). Note, there is a negative marking of 0.33 for objective answers.
- Personality interview Test- This round has no specific format or pattern. The interview panel can question anything ranging from a general knowledge question to checking your problem-solving skills.
Sulekha helps users find and connect with 1500+ verified and leading IAS coaching institutes in your city by providing complete business details. On filling the above form, our Sulekha experts will shortlist top potential service experts that best suit your needs. Users shall receive calls, SMS, quotes, etc. from the shortlisted experts for further assistance. Share your requirements with the shortlisted experts, weigh the pros & cons, compare quotes and check user reviews before you hire an expert. Also, don’t forget to check out the FAQ questions compiled by our experts.