IAS (Indian Administrative Service) conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is one of the most accredited civil service examinations on a national level. Every year 2-3 lakhs aspirants appear for the IAS exams to compete for approximately 8000-1000 public job vacancies for different administrative services ranging from railways to defense.
Eligibility criteria to apply for the IAS exam
- IAS Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
- Educational Qualification
- Number of Attempts
IAS Exam Eligibility - Age Limit and Age relexation
UPSC has mentioned the age limit for the candidates need to be between 21 years to 32 years as on 1st of August 2021, as date of birth mentioned in School certificate will be considered by Civil service commission. /p>
|Category||Age Limit for UPSC Exam||Number of attempts|
|ST/SC||37 years||Unlimited attempts (till 37 years)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||32 years||6|
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||42 years||9|
|Defence Services Personnel||35 years||9|
UPSC IAS Eligibility - Educational Qualification
- The minimum qualification for the UPSC exam is, candidates must hold a graduation degree from a recognized university.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their degree course are also eligible to appearing UPSC Prelims exams only.
- MBBS students who have passed the final professional, but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the UPSC Exam, will be provisionally admitted to the examination.
IAS Eligibility- Nationality
- For IAS and IPS candidate must be a citizen of India
- For all other Services candidate must be either citizen of India or Nepal, or Bhutan
- Person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India or Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India are eligible.