IAS (Indian Administrative Service) conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is one of the most accredited civil service examinations on a national level. Lakhs of people apply to take the exam which offers them the chance to serve the country by being part of the system. In this article, you will read about the documents required for the UPSC form exam application.
UPSC CSE (Prelims) 2021 application process like the documents required to apply for UPSC CSE 2021 (Prelims and Mains), specifications of images to be uploaded during the application process etc,
- Scanned photograph and sign of yourself
- Government-issued Photo-id card- Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the Government.
- For Age Proof- Class Xth (or equivalent) certificate
- All educational qualification certificates (Class Xth, XIIth, Graduation or equivalent)
- Caste certificate
- Documents supporting non-creamy layer OBC status (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (if applicable)e
- Certificate to prove domicile eligibility of North Eastern states (if applicable)
- Certificate to prove domicile eligibility of Jammu & Kashmir
- Disability while serving in defence certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate supporting age relaxation claim (if applicable)
- Additional documents to be carried for SC/ST candidates- TA Form – two copies plus proof of journey (Travelling Allowance for non-Delhi candidates).
- For Medical Exam requires 8-10 Passport size photographs and prescriptions or medical certificates if any that may be helpful for an eye check-up.
Documents Required during UPSC Application
|Document||Format and size||Pixels|
|Photo Identity Card||PDF format with 20 KB - 300 KB in size||NA|
|Signature||JPG format with 20 KB - 300 KB in size||Min: 350px X 350px / Max: 1000px X 1000px|
|Photo||JPG format with 20 KB - 300 KB in size||Min: 350px X 350px / Max: 1000px X 1000px|