DevOps Training: Pre-requisites & Course Syllabus
Professionals who are keen to take up DevOps training should have IT experience. There are no other prerequisites.
DevOps Course Content
- DevOps Essentials:
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn the reasons for the evolution of DevOps, what is DevOps, the various skills and market trends in DevOps, introduction to the delivery pipeline in devops and the DevOps ecosystem.
- Topics : Why DevOps?, What is DevOps?, DevOps Market Trends, DevOps Engineer Skills, DevOps Delivery Pipeline, DevOps Ecosystem
- Build tools - GIT and Jenkins:
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn about automatic Source Code Management using GIT and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Topics-Introduction to VCS and GIT,GIT File workflow, Important GIT Commands, Introduction to Continuous Integration and Jenkins, Plugin Management in Jenkins, Various scenarios of Building Delivery Pipeline.
- Build and Test Automation:
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn how to build an appropriate delivery pipeline and perform test automation on it. You can also understand the various security options and notification management in Jenkins.
- Topics-Build Setup in Jenkins, Test Automation, Security in Jenkins, Notification System.
- Containerization using Docker
- Learning Objectives: This module will help you identify the difference between containers and VMs. You can learn about virtualization using Docker. You can also deep dive into image and containers concept in Docker.
- Topics: What and Why of Containers, Introduction to Docker, Docker Fundamentals, Image Distribution, Docker Containers.
- Docker Commands and Use-cases
- Learning Objectives: This module deals with the various networking concepts in Docker, the best way to use the Docker Volume, and creating a Docker file.
- Topics: Docker Networking, Docker Volumes, Docker Files.
- Learning Objectives: This module introduces you to an important topic called "Infrastructure -as-Code". You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalogue compilation in Puppet. You will also learn to write a Puppet program using Puppet DSL.
- Topics: Puppet Introduction, Puppet Architecture, Basic Puppet Terminologies, Puppet Language Constructs.
- Learning Objectives: This module is a deep dive into the Puppet module and helps you learn how to install modules from a third-party tool. You can also learn about node classification using hiera and ENC, Puppet environment structure and configuration, various kinds of puppet classes and puppet template.
- Topics: Puppet Modules, Node Classification, Puppet Environment, Puppet Classes, Puppet Template.
- Continuous Monitoring using Nagios
- Learning Objectives: This module helps you integrate Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, and create an application using them. You can also learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components.
- Topics: Combining Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, Introduction to Nagios, Nagios Plug-in, Nagios Objects, Nagios Commands, Nagios Notification.