Hiring Guide for Packers and Movers in Chennai
It's the capital city of the Tamilnadu state, one of the fastest-growing urban cities in India which is famous for many things from food items to travel. The name Chennai was previously known as "Madras". People of Chennai usually called by the name "Madrasi". Chennai is famous for tourism, IT parks, marina beaches, temples, shopping mall, etc., People prefers to live in Chennai city for a good lifestyle, career, job opportunities (Due to many software, IT companies). 4940+ relocation service requirements requested to Chennai from Madurai, Salem, Coimbatore, Trichy, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tuticorin cities for more than 12 months with reputed Packers and movers through Sulekha.com online portal. Get damage-free, safe shifting services with us at really affordable prices.
As a customer, it is essential to be aware of the facilities offered by the packers and movers in Chennai you are hiring. Though the Packers and Movers in Chennai will take care of the entire shifting process, there are specific tips and tricks to follow while shifting, which will help in easy moving. Here are some things you should discuss with your packers and movers about the moving process for a smooth and successful relocation.
- Ensure packers and movers' availability according to your required dates.
- Ask your packers and movers about the rates for moving household things such as furniture, electronics, kitchen appliances, clothing, etc.
- Ask your packers and movers about the payment policies like advance deposit, mode of payment, etc.
- Also, check the background and book the packers and movers before verifying their policies, rules, and regulations, thoroughly. It will enable safety shifting and also avoid unnecessary hassles.
- Ensure that movers and packers offer any transit insurance or not. Though the companies do not demand direct involvement in the insurance process, make sure you are aware of it. Also, on the day of moving, confirm the venue and the new location to the driver.
- Confirm whether packers and movers Chennai assist you to uninstall and reinstall the AC in your new place.
- Ensure that packers and movers you booked also provide post shifting services such as Pest control service, Plumbing service, Interior decoration, Electricians service, and Cleaning service.
- Ask packers and movers Chennai about the kind of carriers they use for transportation. i.e., open container or Closed container.
- Discuss the packing materials used for fragile items like a showpiece, glass tables, kitchen items, pooja articles, mirrors, delicate objects, etc.
- Discuss storage and warehouse facilities offered by packers and movers, if required.
- Ask about additional services like online tracking facilities, unpacking, and re-arranging your belongings at the venue.
- Request for a gross invoice and shifting quotes in advance.
The relocation services also include bike parcel service and car transportation service in stress-free conditions. The best Packers and Movers in Chennai also avail of pet relocation service. They will be shifted into a caged and safer environment.
How to reduce Packers and Movers cost?
Plan in advance
- Planning is probably the crucial part of getting you the pocket-friendly packers and movers Chennai.
- As you would require some amount of time to plan meticulously, you cannot afford to hurry during the process of shifting.
- Planning at the twelfth hour can turn the entire situation into a mess.
- Planning includes deciding the house you would to shifting to, the approximate journey date followed by the items that you wish to take or discard.
- These are a few of the criteria the packers and movers in Chennai would be asking before quoting their price.
- If, in any case, you decide to book the locals movers and packers at the last moment, your options get restricted and limited.
- Thus, it creates higher possibilities of the affordable packers and movers in Chennai being booked and hired by someone else.
Get rid of old unwanted stuff
- The best way to reduce shifting charges is by decluttering your house. Sell old furniture or donate any unwanted and unused stuff to avoid extra charges.
- Transportation cost is reduced if the items you are going to shift are limited and weigh less.
Choose the best time to shift
- The season you would be planning to shift, or the date of shifting journey plays an important role in getting you the best yet cheap movers and packers in Chennai.
- The booking charges of the otherwise affordable relocation companies tend to shoot up during the peak seasons, i.e., summers.
- In addition to the rocket-high prices, the availability of good companies also tends to shrink.
- To get your hands on affordable local packers and movers, it is advisable if you can plan your shifting during the winter or maybe during the rainy seasons.
- In addition to this, you must always search for movers and packers from a reliable platform if you wish on a lookout for the best movers and packers at an affordable price.
Compare and choose
First, set your shifting budget and contact the best packers and movers Chennai that meet your requirements. Compare with different packers and movers in Chennai to find the best price within your budget.
Tips and tricks for easy moving
Shifting to a new place is not as easy as it sounds. One has to concentrate on every little detail of packing and moving, which is a tedious process. But not to worry, the best Packers and Movers in Chennai, who are the service providers in Sulekha, will provide their customers with professional services in moving. With the help of Packers and Movers in Chennai, the customers can avail hassle-free shifting. Tips for easy moving suggested by Packers and Movers in Chennai Though the Packers and Movers in Chennai will take care of the entire shifting process, there are specific tips and tricks to follow while shifting, which will help in easy moving. They are:
- CHECK IT & BOOK IT: Before fixing the service with a Packer and Mover in Chennai, verify their policies, rules, and regulations, thoroughly. Especially checking the company’s insurance policy is essential. It will enable safety shifting and also avoid unnecessary hassles.
- COMMUNICATION: On the day of shifting, double-check if the company will provide all the services. Though the companies do not demand direct involvement in the insurance process, make sure you are aware of it. Also, on the day of moving, confirm the venue and the new location to the driver.
- SEGREGATION: Either packing the things on their own or the Packer and Mover in Chennai is supposed to pack the items, organizing all the households will reduce the confusion while unpacking. For example, segregating the household items under broad categories like kitchen items, pooja articles, clothes, delicate objects, etc., will help in avoiding confusion. Dividing and labeling will save the Movers & Packers in Chennai from confusions.
- AVAIL NEEDED SERVICES: The best Packers and Movers in Chennai offer a wide variety of services. Always stay on the safer side by availing of pet services if there are pets at home. They will be shifted in a caged and safer environment. The best Packers and Movers in Chennai even move a terrace garden or a handful of saplings, when the plant shifting service is chosen. If there are numerous delicate items, then opt for special packaging services offered by professional Packers and Movers in Chennai. The relocation services also include shifting the vehicles under damage-free conditions.
- POST SHIFT SCREENING: Once the items being and unpacked and re-arranged, make sure everything has found its right place. Check if all the connections are appropriately given. Notably, electronic items should be checked with extra care. Along with them, check if all the dismantled furniture is correctly set. Screen if all the pipe connections are correctly given.
Things to avoid for a stress-free relocation in Chennai?
Relocating to a new place safely while ensuring that all your goods are adequately secured requires proper planning. There are so many things to take care of at the same time that it becomes tough to avoid inevitable mistakes. And these mistakes can contribute to a stressful moving experience. So, before hiring the best packers and movers in Chennai, here are some common errors that you must avoid to ensure a hassle-free relocating experience.
- No prior planning: No former planning often leads to stress. Take time to plan out your move schedule and pack your items properly to avoid last-minute confusion.
- Not researching different packers and movers in Chennai: Not doing adequate research while selecting a moving company can get you in a tough situation. Also, handing over your belongings to a new company can prove to be very risky.
- Not insuring your goods: Your relocation can become very expensive if any of the items get damaged during the process. Thus, it is always advisable to ensure your goods before transporting them. Reliable packers and movers Chennai offer transit insurances to their clients to make the process easy and uncomplicated.
- Not creating a List: Packing should always be a systematic process to avoid confusion. If you do not create a checklist of things that need to be transported, the process will eventually turn into a mess.
- Using the wrong packing materials: Hiring the best packers and movers in Chennai can help you avoid this mistake. They use high-grade packing material to ensure that your goods reach the final destination without bearing a single scratch on them.
- Not carrying important items with yourself: It is important to create a separate box that includes the most important items. These can be anything, such as medicines, toiletries, baby food, etc. This can basically be like your survival box that carries items you require on an everyday basis.
- Not labelling the boxes: People generally forget about this. Labelling the boxes is very important to track down your belongings at the time of unpacking. Besides, labelling helps to provide better protection to fragile items.
- Not hiring packers and movers in Chennai: Sometimes, people think that they can schedule the shifting process on their own, without any professional help. This is a great misconception that will only increase the troubles. Without proper help, the relocation process will become even more cumbersome.
- Not doing post-move clean-ups: Whether you are leaving a rented apartment or your own house, it is important not to leave a mess behind. Apart from vacuuming and mopping, make sure to switch off the lights and other power switches to ensure the safety of all.
These are some of the most common mistakes that you must avoid during relocation. Make sure to hire a skilled and reliable packers movers Chennai who can guide you through the process and ensure a hassle-free shifting experience.
9 Things to do before hiring a moving company in Chennai
- Get the list of packers and movers - Search the packers and movers in Chennai through the Online or advertisement. Search in the depth of the packers and movers list. Filter out the moving company which is near to you.
- Know the trustworthiness of the packers and movers company - While browsing for packers and movers, first of all, know the moving company's years of experience in the market. Check whether the relocation service provider is near to you. And also get the view of the packers and movers service from your friends and relatives.
- Read the reviews of the selected moving company - Check the reviews twice from the previously booked users. It will definitely give you a clear idea about the packers and movers company. If it is possible means to get the contact detail of the previously booked customers then contact them personally.
- Plan your Budget for the relocation - Allocating the Budget is a big part of the relocation. If you are going to relocate within the city it means it will cost approximately 2000 – 6000 only. Moving charges may vary according to the goods you want to relocate. So plan the charges previously. Reduce the no. of goods if possible. It will reduce the cost of relocation services.
- Finalize the packers and movers - From the above mentioned 4 points, you can choose the best packers and movers which is very comfortable for your relocation. Now you can finalize your decision.
- Get the contact details of the selected company - Once you decide the packers and movers means then get the contact details of the company. Then you can call them or give your contact details to them. Communicate with them and gather information from them. Ask them to visit your place if possible. Then the moving company will calculate the estimated cost for relocation service.
- Study the contract form thoroughly - While moving, the packers and movers company will make a contract. In that contract form they mentioned each and every detail about the packages, charges, insurance, worker wages, toll charges, a place to place moving details, etc., So read carefully and then sign in the contract.
- Verify the packers and movers team strength - Judge the packers and movers strength by their working potential. Check the moving company workers while packing. Some companies may provide less number of workers for shifting. You can ask for more crew members for the shifting service. Also, check the vehicle they sent you for the transportation.
- Supervise the packers and movers team while packing - Supervision on shifting service is the most crucial part of the relocation process. Be attentive every time. Don’t let the packers and movers company crew to steal or miss lead your household items. Track them with the app for every 1 hour. Also, ask them for the warehouse facility.