A brief guide to Company Registration and its Procedure
Step by step process for How to register a Company
- Choose business name on your own. Give at least 4 to 5 company names in the application form for the registration process. Here you have to check your chosen business name in the MCA portal. Because a company name should be unique and does not relate to other company names.
- Submit all the necessary above mentioned proofs for applying for DIN registration. You will be getting Director Identification Number under section 266A & 266B of the Companies Act, 1956 (as amended vide Act No 23 of 2006).
- Apply for Digital Signature Certificate from government authorized DSC providers.
- MOA (Memorandum of Association) and AOA (Associates of Articles) have to be prepared by the company which is going to be registered under new companies act 2015 where company rules and regulations should be declared.
- Get ROC matters from the Chennai government on the submission of Form INC-7, INC-22, DIR-12. Also, finish the stamp duty for ROC. Stamp duty charges may be varied based on the slab determined by state wise.
- The verification process takes 5 to 6 days from the ROC department. If there are any issues they found, form resubmission will be done again from our end again. On the successful verification of the company incorporation proceedings, you will be getting an email with detailed information about the incorporation certificate.
- Once your company name is registered, you will be applying for GST, PAN on the name of the company.
Hire Sulekha professionals for more services Import export license
, shop act license
, Trade license, VAT consultants
, TIN registration agents
Documents Required for Company Registration:ID Proof:
- Voter ID Card
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport Copy
- Driving License
Proofs from a Director:
- Telephone Bill/Mobile Bill Receipt
- Electricity (EB) bill
- Well maintained Bank statement for last 6 months
- Home rent Agreement
Proofs from a Shareholder:
- Information about the Director identification number (DIN)
- Form DIR-2 declaration
Registered office Address Proofs:
- DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) Application
- Affidavit INC-9 from Subscribers & Director
- No objection Certificate (NOC)
- EB Bill, Landline phone Bill or Gas Bill
- IT return or Tax filing documents
Types of Companies to be registered:
- Private Limited Company Limited by Shares
- Private Limited Company Limited by Guarantee
- Public Limited Company
- Community Interest Company
- Flat Management Company
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- One Person Company (OPC)
- Right to Manage Company
- Sole Proprietorship Firm
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs) on Company Registration in Chennai
- What is the first step process in company registration?
Company name selection is the first thing. You need to choose the name which should not violate the rules and should not similar to the companies which are already registered. You might have a choice of 5 to 6 company/business names.
- I am in sort of fund. I have chosen the company name and applied for Name approval? Can I start registering a company name after some days?
You have a maximum of 60 days for the Name Approval process. Make sure you have an adequate capital amount to start the business before the Name approval process is over.
- Is it mandatory to have 2 Directors for Pvt Limited Company
Yes. it's needed.
- Can an Individual Register a Private Ltd Company?
If you have 2 directors, you are eligible to start a new company in India. you might be NRI or PIO (Person of Indian Origin)
- What is the next process after the company name approval?
After the Name approval of your company, you need to file Form 1, 18, 32.
- Can a foreign company start a business in India?
Yes, foreign nationals can invest in India and start their business/company.
- Can I register my business and start the business in 1 or 2 years?
Yes, you have the option for that. But you need to provide the balance sheet(with profit or loss details) in the upcoming financial year with the help of Chartered Accountant.
- Can anybody undertake/start a business after applying for the company registration process?
You are able to start a business only after getting receipt/bill of incorporation certificate for your either public or private company.
- What are the documents needed to provide?
Address proofs, ID proofs of the directors and shareholders are needed. Registered Office proof also required.
- Can I join my relatives or wife as one of the business partners?
Yes, you can nominate them also.
- How long will it take to register a Pvt Limited Company?
It could be done within 20-25 days if there are no issues in the proposed documents and proofs.
- How to apply for DIN?
It's a simple process, you can even apply through Online. But PAN Card is required if they are Indian or Passport Copy/Original if its a Foreign National.
- What is RoC?
Abbreviation for RoC is Registrar of Companies which handles the management of Companies Act 1956 and Companies Act, 2013. Overall 22 RoC Offices are available in India. Luckily Tamilnadu(TN) & Maharashtra(MH) states have 2 RoCs. RoC plays a vital role in Company Incorporation.
- I live in Chennai, But I want to start a business in Chennai? Is it possible?
Yes, you can start a business from another region in India. But if your company will be in Chennai, the company address should also be from Chennai. You can show EB Bill or Rental Agreement is enough.
- What is DIN and how it belongs to company formation?
Abbreviation for DIN - Director Identification Number is a unique number given to the company directors. This process comes under Companies Act, 1956 with section no 266A & 266B.
How Sulekha will bring a hand to your needs?
We at Sulekha provide experienced Professionals for your Home and Office needs like Chartered Accountant, Auditor, Tax Consultants, GST & VAT registration, etc., Million number of happy customers are tied up with Sulekha Services. We give you Qualified industry experts at your budget.
Why should you choose CA from Sulekha.com:
- Go through more than 1080+ Company Incorporation Experts in Chennai
- Get Free Quote Instantly for all your business registration services
- Government Registered Authorised CA Firms
- Reliable services from Adroit Chartered Accountant
- Experienced & Trusted CA professionals
- Very Easy to Tackle Tax Compliance
- Compare the prices with multiple business providers
- 24*7 Tech Support when you need assistance
- Our customer support executives will do follow up
- More than 14,671 Individual and commercial Businesses contacted Sulekha.com for attractive CA services