Things to consider while choosing a wedding catering style
Selecting the right catering style for your wedding ceremony is essential as it directly influences the wedding catering budget and the services offered. Sit down the hired wedding caterer and discuss the various catering styles and cuisines. Take your time before you select one. The most popular catering styles in Indian weddings are:
- Plated dinner
- Cocktail dinners
Weigh the pros and cons of various catering styles and fix a one that best suits your needs. Here are a bunch of things to consider while choosing a catering style:
- Budget- Opt for a catering style and cuisines that fit your budget. You can work your way out of it without compromising on the quality of food served.
- The theme of the wedding- Strike a balance. The catering style you select should match the wedding theme. This enhances the whole event and adds much more value to it.
- Event type- Keep in the mind the venue arrangements whether it’s indoors or outdoor and decide accordingly. Also, consider the space and food layout options while deciding on one.
- The number of guests to be served- Choose a catering style that can serve the number of guests conveniently. For e.g. Buffet style won’t do justice for a small group of people.
- Timeline of wedding activities- Depending on how the wedding activities progress and what time of the day it is, you can choose a style.
Considering all these factors will make your decision-making process much easier and clear.
Must have dishes in a Hyderabadi wedding
Most of the wedding caterers In Hyderabad specialize in decani cuisine. Hyderabadi cuisine is full of flavors- slowly cooked meat with lots of nuts & spices. Make sure you include the famous Hyderabadi dishes in your wedding menu like kacche ghosht ki biryani, mirch ka saalan, tundeyy kebab, Keema Samosa, Dum pukht, sheer korma, and shahi tukda. Here’s a list of dishes that cannot afford to miss out in a Hyderabadi wedding.
- Hyderabadi biryani- Hyderabadi biryani is a hot favorite and tops the list of favorite biryanis to eat. Usually made with mutton and chicken, it oozes aromatic flavors.
- Hyderabadi marag- Hyderabadi marag is a spicy meat soup made with mutton. This is light in texture with tender mutton pieces and packed with spicy flavors. You can get it customized by opting for chicken instead of mutton.
- Haleem- Originally an Arabic dish, this hot favorite dish was introduced in Hyderabad to the Nizams by the Chaush people. Haleem is a rich stew made of minced meat, lentils, and spices. It usually has a thick consistency and is served in bowls with toppings like deep-fried onion, lemon slice, coriander, and mint leaves.
- Mirchi ka saalan- This is a curry made with chilies yet has a balanced pungent taste to it. It is not very hot on your palate as it is
- Kebabs- Kebabs are intensely flavored meat barbequed to perfection. Mutton kebabs, Botti kebab is one of the hot favorites. This is served with mint chutney, sliced onions, and a dash of lime juice to balance the flavors.
- Keema samosa- Keema samosa is a pastry filled with flavored minced meat and is deep-fried until golden brown. Served with chutneys, this is something everyone loves.
- Sheer kurma- Sheer kurma is a rich vermicelli pudding made with milk and dates. It is a creamy in texture and a very warm comforting dessert. Nuts like almonds, pistachios are added for that extra crunch.
- Shahi tukda- Shahi tukda is a slice of bread deep fried and soaked in rich condensed milk. It gets the perfect crunch from the nuts and crispiness and from the fried bread. The hint of mild cardamom just elevates the flavor to another level.
- Kubani ka meetha- This is a staple dessert in Hyderabadi weddings. Made with dried apricots, this desert hot spot the right spot with the right amount of sweetness. This topped with nuts like almonds, cashews and pistachios and some like it with vanilla ice-cream too.
Wedding catering charges in Hyderabad
Wedding catering charges consume up to ¼ th of the entire wedding costs. Wedding catering pricing is subjective to the locality you live, cuisines and catering style selected along with the number of wedding guests to be served. It is also best advised to consider connecting with 3-4 wedding caterers to get a better idea about the catering charges. Approximate wedding catering charges in Hyderabad
- The vegetarian spread might be priced from somewhere around Rs 450 per plate
- Non-vegetarian spread charges would start from Rs. 550 per plate
- If you opt for an exclusive or lavish spread at your wedding, catering charges can attract Rs 1,000- Rs. 1,500 per plate.
Serve your wedding guests with the best Hyderabadi cuisine. Get in touch with the best wedding caterers near you!