Studying abroad is a dream of many students. However, only those succeed to get admission in a reputed university who put their efforts in the right direction. If you are planning to study at a prestigious university abroad, you need to get a good score in GRE. GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a standardized examination. For getting a good score in GRE, you can enroll in an academy providing GRE coaching in Coimbatore. At Sulekha, we bring to you a list of more than two hundred verified and trusted institutes providing GRE coaching. To get GRE coaching in Coimbatore from a reputed institute listed at Sulekha, fill the above form. The experts of the renowned academies from your area would connect you soon. You can check the ratings and feedback of the former students and select the coaching centre offering the best results.
GRE Exams for International Students
The Graduate Record Examination or GRE is a computer-delivered test taken by several students who intend to study abroad. Students who are looking to enroll in abroad university for Master’s Program in US and European countries. The test is accepted by almost 600 business schools across the world. It analyses student’s capacity in Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. The total marks allotted for GRE is 340 allocated for different subjects.
Countries Accepting GRE Scores
The top universities across the globe accept the GRE scores. Significantly, the UK, US, Europe, Singapore, and Australian universities consider the GRE score one of the major criteria to admit international students. The GRE focuses mainly on vocabulary and quantitative skills.
Visa Process and Required Documents
The ID documents that are required to be submitted while applying for GRE need to pass certain criteria. They are:
- The original documents are only accepted. No photocopied or e-documents are considered during the process.
- Ensure the ID proof is a government-issued document that is recognized by the country in which a student is a citizen.
- Keep an eye on expiry dates. No expired documents will be considered as proof by the authorities.
- Make sure the first name and last name matches with the ID proof while applying for the exam.
- The passport-sized pictures should be recognizable and clear.
Join the Best GRE Training in Coimbatore
What is GRE Course in Coimbatore?
The Graduate Record Examination, otherwise GRE, is a clinical step and a deciding factor in getting admission to a graduate or business school. The GRE is a multiple-choice, computer-based (online), and standardized exam that is considered a crucial point and often required for global UG and MBA programs. The test maker administers the ETS exam to provide students with graduate programs based on the test, a standard parameter, or a yardstick for comparing the applicants’ academic qualifications and readiness for graduate-level academic work. School admissions always look for your GRE scores to analyze your potential scholastic scope. Securing top GRE scores can positively impact your preferred business school application and solidify your admission prospects.
GRE Analytical Writing
The GRE Analytical Writing measure is nothing but tests a candidate’s critical thinking and analytical skills by tapping into abilities apart from content knowledge. They are,
- Articulation and supporting complex ideas
- Construction and evaluation of arguments
- Sustain a focused and intelligible discussion
The GRE Analytical writing is timed separately. This means candidates are required to write two essays first in phase 1, before the quantitative and verbal sections. Candidates are also introduced to separate entities – Analyzing an issue and an argument. The key is to get the thesis off the bat when writing GRE essays – structure the argument revolving around natural ideas and persuasive with no excessive and irrelevant context. GRE essays must be articulated like a meshing puzzle piece to let ideas intervene for the big picture. Candidates are given 30 minutes for each analytical essay that is all-inclusive of outlining, jotting points, brainstorming, etc. This helps students’ rewire and configure the best practices to articulate the essays and also helps in reading and grading the work.
GRE Verbal Reasoning
Verbal Reasoning is measured in three phases and three types of questions. They require profound passage reading skills, sharp interpretation skills, and answering questions on those passages. The other phase is discovering, reading, interpreting, and writing complete sentences. The verbal reasoning section comprises Reading Comprehension, Sentence Equivalence, and Text Completion.
Reading Comprehension: This section tests a wide range of candidates’ abilities to read and comprehend the prose learned in schools. They are,
- Passage summarizing
- Extract information and draw conclusions
- Identify the author’s perspective and assumptions
- Analyze a text and draw conclusions
- Discover the positions’ strengths and weaknesses
- Fathom the text structure and identify the relationship between parts
- Distinguishing between major and minor points
- Understand the paragraphs and voice
Sentence Equivalence: This section tests candidates’ abilities to determine the story’s conclusion based on partial information without drifting away from the context.
- Read the sentences to get an overall idea and sense
- Identify specific and significant phrases that form the sentence structure
- Fill in the blank with appropriate words, and compare them with similar choices to fill coherently
- Ensure the written sentences sound grammatical, stylistically, and logically correct
- Find the answer choices that do not fit coherently
Text Completion: This section tests candidates’ abilities to create a coherent short passage despite omitting essential words.
- Punch authentic answers
- Identify signal words and phrases
- Employ the elimination process
- Quickly pass through the passage once finding the right words
- Remember questions that are worth at some point
GRE Quantitative Reasoning
The GRE Quantitative Reasoning accesses candidates’ fundamental knowledge in arithmetic calculations, algebra, data analysis, and geometry. Students are given 20 questions per section that has to be answered within a total duration of 35 minutes. It also tests elementary understanding and the ability to reason quantitatively and model and solve problems using quantitative steps. The 20 questions in each section are an assortment of problem-solving, data interpretation, and items, and candidates will have 1.5 to 2 minutes to answer each question.
- Problem-Solving Questions: The questions under this section are general multiple-choice questions with five choices and one correct option. The question options ask candidates to select one or more choices from the given list and numeric entries. Candidates are prescribed to learn math foundations and strategies to approach calculations proactively.
- Data Interpretation Skills: The lot also consists of a handful of problem-solving questions represented as graphs and charts.
The Best GRE Training in Coimbatore
Sulekha is a one-stop destination for the best GRE classes in Coimbatore. We provide customized and pocket-friendly choices to save customers’ pennies, which we believe are valuable. Registering on Sulekha is a hassle-free process; all users must register by filling in a simple online form with personal details and service requirements to let the top GRE training centers get in touch. All tutors and GRE training centers at Sulekha are meticulously observed through their star ratings, customer experience, and activity to load the portal with verified and credible service experts. Join GRE coaching centers in Coimbatore to improve your proficiency in analytical writing, verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and critical thinking.
Tips to Secure Top Scores in the GRE Exams
Strategic preparation makes the cut, irrespective of the need. With a similar application, the mechanisms for cracking or securing top scores in the GRE becomes fortunate. The following tips involved can help candidates stand out from the competition,
- Build a Logbook for Spotting Errors: Draw an opportunity to gather and learn from the mistakes. Have a logbook as a central database covering error types, time taken for spotting and resolving errors, etc
- Persistent Vocabulary Enhancement: Strong verbal skills facilitates confidence and helps to ace the verbal GRE section. Use flashcards, or write down unfamiliar words and drill them into your mind
- Stay Committed to the Study Plan: Organize a study plan accordingly. Allocate time for practicing tests, revision, up-skilling, and adding words to the vocabulary.
- Translate Multiple Attempts as a Bonus: Considering the experience during the first GRE attempt, re-taking the exam is often a good idea to score high scores. It also enables you to present different scores and choose the best of the lot for admissions.
Batch Size for GRE Training in Coimbatore
GRE preparation requires focus and one-on-one interaction between tutors and candidates to grasp concepts quickly and dominate the test prep. It also allows tutors to analyze students’ learning pace and provide additional assistance. So, an average batch size of a GRE training center in Coimbatore restricts mammoth student strengths but limits it to 10-15 students per batch.
GRE Course Material
To surpass the expected GRE score and get admission to top universities abroad, candidates need to extract the best knowledge and sharpen their skills. To do that, a bundle of resources is required. The following list is the best GRE course materials designed by experts,
- 2nd edition - The official guide to the GRE revised general test by ETS
- Official GRE Quantitative reasoning practice questions
- ETS official GRE verbal reasoning practice questions
- GRE analytical writing books: Powerscore bible
- Barron 6 GRE practice test
- Quantitative GRE book: Jeff Sackmann
Format of the GRE Test
The GRE format is allocated into three main sections viz. Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning. The questions are to be completed within three hours and 45 minutes.
GRE Online Test:
The GRE pattern for the computer-based test is further divided into two sub-sections with a combination of Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning. The GRE analytical section has one section containing two tasks covering a one-hour time duration. Two other sections in the computer-delivered exam are variable – Unscored and Research.
- Analytical Writing: 1 Section: 2 tasks: Time: 60 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning: 2 Section: 40 Questions Time: 60 minutes
- Quantitative Reasoning: 2 Section: 40 Questions Time: 70 minutes
- Unscored: Varies
- Research: Varies